This role is responsible for coordinating all supply chain related activities involving Planning, Procurement, and Inventory Control for the manufacturing of Medical Devices and Drug Products. The incumbent must be an individual capable of managing complex tasks independently and managing cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment with strong interpersonal skills and a service orientation.
- Direct daily and weekly planning, purchasing, warehousing and distribution activities
- Analyze the demand forecasts and verify accuracy of the Master Production Schedule and overall MRP to ensure customer supply requirements are met.
- Collaborate effectively with Department Managers to ensure timely and thorough execution of activities required to meet customer requirements
- Identify and monitor potential risks in supply base and implement plans to mitigate risks.
- Own the Sales and Operations Planning process involving coordination of information for successful production planning and inventory risk mitigation.
- Ensure processes and activities are compliant with FDA current good manufacturing practices, relevant international regulations as well as OSHA and EPA requirements
- Manage materials to support new product introductions, label redesigns, SKU rationalization, and Bill of Material implementation.
- Manage strategic outsourcing partners for components, materials and services to support the company’s customer service and cost targets.
- Manage third party contract manufacturing organizations to maintain the highest quality and service levels while minimizing cost and supply risk.
- Other duties and projects as assignedJob Complexity: Responsible for first line supervision of exempt professionals as well as non-exempt warehouse personnel
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- The position requires strong analytical and persuasive skills. Erroneous or mistimed decisions may cause critical delays or cost impact and may have an immediate effect on the company’s success. The job entails assessment of data and strong analytical decision making, leadership, interpersonal, organizational and team-building skills.