Reporting to the CPO our Boston based client is looking for a results-oriented procurement professional to join their procurement function, which is transforming the way they operate, by creating value from their supply base. This role will have the responsibility for major value purchase areas with significant implications in company profitability and service efficiency.
The Category Manager Will Define, Develop, Influence And Implement The Category Strategy For a Broad Range Of Categories And Sub-categories, Including
• Sub-contracting services – Electrical, Mechanical, Electro mechanical, Piping, Sludge Hauling, Construction, etc.
• Facilities services –
• Technical equipment – Instrumentation, Pumps, Motors, Valves, Switchgear, Meters, etc.
• Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations Supplies (MRO); Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety Supplies
• Develop category playbook comprising category/sub-category strategy and plan – Analyze spend, determine stakeholder requirements, review contract, undertake competitive analysis of vendor landscape to segment spend into sub-categories and determine plan for achieving cost savings EBITA and/or performance savings.
• Develop strong understanding of each category with detailed understanding of purchase spend, purchase portfolio, and supplier performance. Establish strong understanding of the marketplace, including current and future trends; and solid understanding of internal requirements, business drivers, total cost of ownership
• Develop pipeline of initiatives and build business case to obtain buy-in from key stakeholders. He/she will work closely with operational executives, site leaders, technical and performance function, and key cross functional stakeholders in building the business case for change and delivering results.
• Implement category/sub-category plans through demand management, strategic sourcing, consumption optimization, volume aggregation, standardization, total cost of ownership, and any other levers.
• Work with global procurement team and stakeholders to drive compliance to global framework agreements.
• Develop and implement category scorecards to reflect progress on delivery of category plans and project milestones to CPO and other operational leadership, as appropriate.
• Leading and implementing strategic sourcing process and coaching team on the same. This includes project plan with timelines, roles; and undertaking the following activities – determining spend (baseline, SKU level information), understanding business requirements, determining specifications, undertaking competitive analysis of providers, vendor selection, drafting and issuing RFPs, comparing responses, influencing operational and site leaders in supplier selection, negotiating and finalizing contract commercial and legal terms. Supporting implementation of the initiatives, capturing and reporting savings.