Our client in having completed Stage 3 is taking the next organizational step with the creation of this new role.
- Establish the procurement function, including a vision of the group’s long term strategy and goals, and evaluate future organizational design and structure in support of business growth.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for procurement practices and tools, and excellence in navigating cross-functional disciplines.
- Develop policies, processes, templates, and best practices to be used within purchasing and supplier management to support the Company’s objectives.
- Educate personnel on procurement best practices, and develop roles and responsibilities guidance to drive better pricing and performance.
- Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and support groups.
- Collaborate with others in Finance to understand budgets and financial forecast processes in an effort to identify areas of potential cost savings.
- Develop and provide regular reporting on critical key performance indicators/metrics.
- Maintain ownership of the purchasing requisition system and continually drive process improvements.
- Organize and ensure SOX 404 documentation reflects current practices and procedures for purchasing processes. Oversee the maintenance, identification, development and implementation of new forms, policies and processes for purchasing and assist with other areas as applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on a team as well as independently.