Reporting to the Senior Director of Sourcing for this Pharma you will develop and advance category sourcing and supplier management strategies that support key business objectives / priorities and result in significant cost savings and process improvements within . In addition, this role leads sub-set of supplier performance management by partnering with the assigned business units to develop and track key supplier performance metrics.
- Develop relationships and work with key business partners to understand strategic direction, supply requirements and corporate business objectives and priorities.
- Drive analysis of category spend to identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Develop sourcing strategies within the category in collaborations with souring mangers and operations team. This includes obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, leading cross-functional sourcing teams, conducting market research, and sourcing strategy creation.
- Drive thought leadership in the category providing market and industry intelligence, innovation and best practices.
- Staff and develop high performing and motivated Category Specialists responsible for interfacing with SBUs and supplier partners.
- Develop and Present category and supplier specific strategies and plans to management to solicit feedback and secure support.
- Manage a sub-set of key strategic supplier relationships based on business criticality and size of relationship. Manage supplier performance by developing and maintaining supplier scorecards and monitoring KPIs. Employ the appropriate use of risk management tools
- Create Performance Improvement Plans for all relevant/sub-set of Suppliers, track and report Supplier SLAs.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from an accredited College or University, MBA preferred
- 10 plus year of previous business and procurement experience, consulting experience preferred
- Direct experience with Contingency Labor, Consulting Services and HR
- Experience in leading strategic sourcing, supplier and category management programs