Reporting to the Senior Director of Sourcing for this Pharma you will develop and advance category sourcing and supplier management strategies that support key business objectives / priorities and result in significant cost savings and process improvements within . In addition, this role leads sub-set of supplier performance management by partnering with the assigned business units to develop and track key supplier performance metrics.
Support G&A including IT, HR, Finance, Corporate Communications, Facilities, Travel, Corporate Services. Responsible for development and execution of assigned Strategic Sourcing Category Plans. Responsible for negotiating and contracting with the supply base, ensuring alignment with the Strategic Sourcing Category Plans and overall Business plans.
In conjunction with the key business stakeholders, conduct sourcing activities that optimize value across the supplier & business relationships.
The individual must have an in depth understanding of the total cost of ownership, supply assurance, quality and service and leveraging of supplier relationships to add value in cost, innovation and supply across assigned categories. The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager must drive compliance with best in class sourcing processes. Strong collaboration with counterparts and business partners is essential for success.
He/she must also have a solid understanding of the spend pools and businesses contained in the corporate realm for the identified categories.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager must be a change agent. He/she must lead by example and his/her direction must be in sync with the overarching direction for the Strategic Sourcing organization.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical): Significant Experience leading sourcing teams, experience with sourcing tools, strategies, SRM, analytical and budgeting skills, experience managing teams and leading, and a strong desire and innate capability to learn.
Skills: Demonstrated experience leading x-functional teams, excellent written and verbal skills, strong negotiation skills, Leadership Capabilities, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving, analytical, ability to effectively communicate/influence/manage change, anticipates and responds to change with ease and agility, seeks solutions to strengthen quality/value/service/efficiency.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement leads and develops sourcing strategies for goods and services, primarily focusing on IT, HR and Professional Services. This position will apply expert knowledge to develop a team to drive competitive advantage in current areas under management and identifying new opportunities for savings and process improvement. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization as a trusted advisor to develop strong relationships, institutionalize category management and manage annual spending in assigned areas. The Director will act as a champion of category management for the entire Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization, providing coaching, guidance, support and overall leadership to team to ensure goals are achieved.
• Directs and oversees all day-to-day execution of Sourcing strategies related for Indirect Categories, with a particular emphasis on IT, Human Resources and other Professional Services areas.
• Develop and influence the strategic sourcing strategy for IT, Human Resources and Professional Services organizational leadership. Provide innovative solutions that enable their business strategy and deliver quality and scale through Strategic Sourcing programs and process.
• Develop and communicate functional strategy to a diverse group of managers and senior level sourcing professionals in alignment with group Strategic Sourcing & Procurement strategy and operations requirements.
• Act as a champion of category management for the entire Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization, providing coaching, guidance, support and overall leadership to team to ensure goals are achieved.
• Drive annual productivity improvements in each category of spend by developing and ensuring implementation of ideas to optimize total cost of ownership for spend categories.
• Review major contracts for key areas of spend and act as Expert resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
• Measure and track internal performance within each spend category by tracking forecasted vs actual savings and budget impact for portfolio of categories.
• Applies expert knowledge in coaching team to identify and define sourcing best practices both within and outside of Regeneron, while ensuring those best practices are adopted.
• Leverages strong influencing skills to define sourcing role and align project objectives and targets with stakeholders.
• Direct team to monitor key Suppliers performance, ensuring effective Supplier Relationship Management to drive continuous improvements.
• Communicate team progress to Vice President, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and business unit leaders.
Our client has developed a new platform for CRO Sourcing and Research currently in use by 13 of the largest pharmas. This is analogous to the original ARIBA rollout- a “say what” moment in Supply Chain.
This position is responsible for managing the programs that enable Procurement to meet and or exceed departmental goals and objectives, business requirements and stakeholder expectations. These programs include, but are not limited to:
In this newly created role for a very successful life sciences/pharma organization you will be responsible for developing and implementing the sourcing requirements that align with overall strategic goals; and serve as a liaison between the company and its suppliers. This position oversees procurement specialists and is responsible for the management of all activities associated with the procurement of product development and manufacturing materials, equipment, and services. The role will provide leadership to the procurement department coordinating all activities to ensure that cost, quality, delivery, and all purchase order requirements are met. The position will contribute to the achievement of cost reduction and capital improvement goals through effective supply management including source selection, pricing negotiations, and maintaining supplier performance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Train, develop and lead team of Procurement Analysts
• Create, track and communicate Procurement Metrics / Initiatives
• Resolve Procurement related issues, track corrective actions and communicate effectively
• Qualify new suppliers according to the requirements of the Supplier Qualification Program..
• Monitor incoming orders to ensure materials and equipment are being delivered, and services completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain and track supplier service contracts for critical equipment and systems and process orders for service renewals as needed.
• Source, select, compare and negotiate favorable pricing with suppliers for equipment as well as materials and supplies.
This role is responsible for Production Planning, assuring all Contract Manufacturing Operation (CMO) plant production and associated site planning support activities are executed in compliance using standard operating procedures in a current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) environment, where applicable.
• Monitor the manufacturing schedule as it relates to raw material inventory and consumption.
• Collaborate daily with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Control, and Quality to resolve raw material issues, scheduling conflicts, inventory levels, and delivery requirements.
• BOM/recipe creation and creation/reconciliation of production batches as needed in SAP.
• Monitor and track raw material usage and inventory levels, excel and obsolete analysis/forecasting, end-of-month report review; enter and complete raw material/API/finished product cycle counts and participate in tech transfers and bill of material development/maintenance.
• Review production schedules daily to coordinate manufacturing needs with Supply Chain and manufacturing to determine production activities that require entry/updating in SAP
• Responsible for raw materials planning and inventory control activities, including forecasted demand maintenance, and safety stock/ROP levels.
In this newly created role reporting directly to the CPO you will be responsible for managing the programs that enable Procurement to meet and or exceed departmental goals and objectives, business requirements and stakeholder expectations. These programs include
Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated / proven skills and knowledge required to create and manage those programs that build and maintain a best-in-class, high performing procurement organization.
As procurement influence is still growing, the role will need to work closely to determine the necessary skills and experience levels to meet and or exceed stakeholder expectations and value capture. The candidate will need to have very strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and problem solving skills as he/she will interact with all levels of the organization including very senior and high profiled leaders The candidate must display a passion for professional development and continuous improvement
Our client is a leading manufacturer of fastening products and technologies for the commercial roofing and other construction industries worldwide.
They need an Operations Planning Manager who can deliver high quality products to customers on time that is critical to their success. Operations builds the path for products from raw material through distribution, with an end goal of meeting delivery needs as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
• Promote Safety as the Number One Priority of all employees.
• Support the design and implementation of Operations strategic plans.
• Drive production planning process: achieve production, quality and cost goals.
• Promote the use of lean tools to achieve efficient and cost effective production, promoting communication, shared learning, creative problem solving and team accountability.
• Develop and implement process to regularly review demand and forecast disruptions that might impact continuity, including equipment changes and new product introductions.
• Drive team to develop and implement process to manage external vendor needs, including review of SQDIP performance during qualification and ongoing performance.
• Identify and track key performance indicators for success of flow by product line
• Achieve consensus, impacting performance thru relationship management and communication.
• Develop team to achieve goals utilizing strong development and on-the-job learning opportunities.
• Tie company goals to individual performance to increase accountability and share success.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 10+ years’ success driving targeted production results in a leadership role.
• Demonstrated success utilizing lean tools to achieve efficiency and cost improvement goals.
• Production planning strengths and execution tools, including success managing Kanban.
• Develop leadership bench using company talent management tools and programs.
• Strong interpersonal skills, seasoned judgment and “hands on” leadership style.
• Capable of overcoming obstacles and completing assignments in a timely manner.
• Ability to motivate individuals and teams to perform at high levels to meet or exceed goals.
• Strong PC skills with MS Office Suite and enterprise resourcing planning tools (QAD preferred).
• Strong communication skills that result in clear understanding of intended meaning.
• Positive attitude, good judgement and excellent time management skills.
• Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
Reporting to the CPO our Boston based client is looking for a results-oriented procurement professional to join their procurement function, which is transforming the way they operate, by creating value from their supply base. This role will have the responsibility for major value purchase areas with significant implications in company profitability and service efficiency.
The Category Manager Will Define, Develop, Influence And Implement The Category Strategy For a Broad Range Of Categories And Sub-categories, Including
• Sub-contracting services – Electrical, Mechanical, Electro mechanical, Piping, Sludge Hauling, Construction, etc.
• Facilities services –
• Technical equipment – Instrumentation, Pumps, Motors, Valves, Switchgear, Meters, etc.
• Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations Supplies (MRO); Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety Supplies
• Develop category playbook comprising category/sub-category strategy and plan – Analyze spend, determine stakeholder requirements, review contract, undertake competitive analysis of vendor landscape to segment spend into sub-categories and determine plan for achieving cost savings EBITA and/or performance savings.
• Develop strong understanding of each category with detailed understanding of purchase spend, purchase portfolio, and supplier performance. Establish strong understanding of the marketplace, including current and future trends; and solid understanding of internal requirements, business drivers, total cost of ownership
• Develop pipeline of initiatives and build business case to obtain buy-in from key stakeholders. He/she will work closely with operational executives, site leaders, technical and performance function, and key cross functional stakeholders in building the business case for change and delivering results.
• Implement category/sub-category plans through demand management, strategic sourcing, consumption optimization, volume aggregation, standardization, total cost of ownership, and any other levers.
• Work with global procurement team and stakeholders to drive compliance to global framework agreements.
• Develop and implement category scorecards to reflect progress on delivery of category plans and project milestones to CPO and other operational leadership, as appropriate.
• Leading and implementing strategic sourcing process and coaching team on the same. This includes project plan with timelines, roles; and undertaking the following activities – determining spend (baseline, SKU level information), understanding business requirements, determining specifications, undertaking competitive analysis of providers, vendor selection, drafting and issuing RFPs, comparing responses, influencing operational and site leaders in supplier selection, negotiating and finalizing contract commercial and legal terms. Supporting implementation of the initiatives, capturing and reporting savings.
Our client in having completed Stage 3 is taking the next organizational step with the creation of this new role.
This role is responsible for coordinating all supply chain related activities involving Planning, Procurement, and Inventory Control for the manufacturing of Medical Devices and Drug Products. The incumbent must be an individual capable of managing complex tasks independently and managing cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment with strong interpersonal skills and a service orientation.
Our client is a growing manufacturer of medical devices with sales in excess of 125 million.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Supply Chain you will be instrumental in setting departmental pace, focus, and priority to drive supply-base excellence and continuous performance improvements, while generating favorable price variances. Manage and execute procurement decisions in order to ensure uninterrupted product and service flow. Manage global product data externally and internally to ensure that all delivery and cost targets are met in order to reach facility service-level and pricing goals.RequirementsBachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and 5+ years purchasing, supplier management, and operational experience required. Experience in medical industry is desired. MS Office, excellent communication skills including communicating to upper management, strong negotiation skills, and strong understanding of commodity spend analysis process required. International travel required (10-15%).